Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.cordex-hire.com.
Registered company address
CorDEX Hire Ltd, 5A Jackons Yard, Malton, YO17 6BT
What personal data we collect and why
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. When you browse our store we also automatically receive your computers internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): with your permissions, we may send emails about our store, new products and other updates.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at: CorDEX Hire Ltd, 5A Jackons Yard, Malton, YO17 6BT
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you breach our terms of service.
We capture personal data is when a contact form is submitted on the website, this data is only used for marketing purposes if the tick box for communication preferences is ticked.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small files of letters and numbers that are downloaded onto your computer or mobile or other handheld device when you access certain websites. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device and help your browser navigate through the website by allowing you to log in automatically or remembering settings you selected during earlier visits (among other functions). Cookies do not harm your computer. If you would like to learn more about cookies in general, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- Strictly Functional Cookies: for technical purposes essential for the operation of this website and / or your use of it, such as keeping track of your current shopping session and enabling you to proceed to checkout and pay for products;
- Measurement and Analytics Cookies: to collect statistical information about how visitors use this website, calculate views, analyse popular products by quantifying clicks. This is so we can improve the way this website works and measure the success of competitions and campaigns;
- Personalisation Cookies: to distinguish you from other users of this website, so we can personalise your shopping experience and allow us to improve your use of the website. These helps ensure all that is displayed on our site is more relevant to your interests and so we can remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the country you are in)
- Marketing Cookies: to ensure the marketing content that you receive on sites other than our own is relevant and reflects the interests you have shown when browsing on our site.
- Third party cookies: used by third parties to collect data when you are on our website and sometimes when you are on other websites. We do not receive their data. They can be used for any of the above reasons but are mainly used to help provide behavioural targeted advertising to you online. These also enable us to fulfil our contractual obligations to third parties, for example to pay a partner if you have made a purchase on this website by following a link from their website.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings > Advanced
- Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu “Files” > “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you won’t be able to complete a purchase on our sites.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For theses providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies, so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by theses providers.
In particalr, remember, that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So, if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involved the services of a third party-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of jurisdiction (s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the united states, then your personal information used in completing that transaction mat be subject to disclosure under united states legislation including the Patriot Act.
When you click on the links on or store, they may direct you away from our site, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage your o read their privacy statements.
What rights you have over your data
In this section, you should explain what rights your users have over their data and how they can invoke those rights. If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Questions and contact information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by CorDEX Hire Ltd, 5A Jackons Yard, Malton, YO17 6BT
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this, so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 5 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access?
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds and support you.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.